What is Sofy?
Sofy is the no code test automation platform for mobile applications (Android and IOS). Sofy software as a service platform enables every mobile QA or developer to create test automation without writing a single line of code. Sofy has the following key product areas that makes Software Automation for mobile applications very simple:
1. Device Lab:
Sofy provides physical devices hosted in Sofy’s data centers that can be accessed from anywhere in the world from any browser (chrome, Edge or Safari browsers). Sofy has 100s of top Android and IOS devices available to use and new devices are added every month. Customers can test on different devices to meet their unique requirements:
- Shared devices: Devices that are available for all the customers but only first come first serve basis.
- Dedicated devices: Devices are only dedicated to specific customers and running in Sofy’s device farm.
- On-premise devices: Devices are available on customers on premise environment connected to Sofy’s datacenters.
For more details on how to use Sofy’s device lab – please visit here
2. Manual Test case management and execution
Sofy provides a simple way to create manual tests, upload your existing manual tests and execute and report on specific builds. For IOS users, integration with TestFlight is available where customers can use TestFlight credentials to get latest test builds and execute manual tests.
During manual testing, customers can create bugs and report directly to JIRA or their choice of bug reporting systems (like Azure devops, etc). For additional details on manual test execution please visit here
3. No code Test automation and execution
Sofy is the leading no code test automation platform that enables any QA or developer to create test automation without any dependencies on code or using any other tools like Appium, XCunit, etc. Sofy’s browser-based platform makes it easy to access a physical and start creating automation in minutes. Sofy’s no code test automation provides the following key benefits:
- No coding experience required: Every member of the engineering team can create test automation without any coding experience, developer, QA, program manager
- Same experience for Android and IOS: Sofy abstracts all the underlying frameworks like Appium, XCUnit from the end users and make it easy to create
- Simple and easy of use: Sofy users love UX and UI with focus on make it easy for every team member to use
- Maintainability of test automation: Advance features like templates and conditional makes maintaining test easy when the product is changing.
- Integration with your CI/CD pipeline: Sofy supports all CI/CD platforms and running tests for each product change is automatically executed and reported
- Execution of test at scale: Running tests on all devices and different form factors and reporting results are built in the product
For details on how to create no code automation – please visit here
Sofy provides reporting that can significantly help developers and QA members of engineering teams to collaborate effectively. This includes providing device logs and steps to reproduce bugs easily, many additional reports are available:
- Device logs: Sofy provides device logs that can be reviewed during test execution of scheduled runs and are available for troubleshooting any failures
- Test results: Step by step report of each test automation is provided including screen shots, performance and network data, any crashes are automatically identified
- Performance: UI load time for each screen is tracked and if a threshold is setup, it can identify regressions without using additional tools
- Network analysis: Both inbound and outbound network traffic is monitored during each test action performed by Sofy
- Visual Quality reports: Comparing each visual screen on multitude of devices and looking for anomalies is tedious and manual work. Sofy uses machine learning to automatically identify each screen changes so that engineering team can make an informed decision if any regression is caused.