Running Manual Tests
Sofy provides a simple way for you to perform Manual Tests on your applications to verify if it functions as intended. Once you are done with your manual tests, you can record it as a success or failure and view the corresponding reports.
To run a manual test, complete the following steps:
- Start by creating a Release. However, if you are new to Sofy, a default release is already created for that is valid for year. With default release you can experiment with manual tests and create a new release when you are ready to start following your own software release cycles.
- The next step is to a create test case so you can associate all your manual testing with it. To create a test case, navigate to the Manual Test tab located on the left hand navigation bar. While remaining on the Test Case tab, click on "Add New" and then select "Create New Test Case" from the drop down. Add the details and click create.
- Next, go to the Device Lab and acquire the device you want to run your manual test on. Once your device is successfully acquired, you will be redirected to Sofy Lab.
- Your existing test cases will be populated under the Manual Tests tab on the right hand side panel.
- Here, you can select one of the manual test cases from the Manual Tests Tab and click on play (the green arrow).
- Once the test case starts, play with your app as you normally would and execute your test case steps. While you perform your test, observe on the right hand side that Sofy is tracking all your steps.
- Once your steps are completed, you can mark the test case as passed or failed and Sofy will record the result which can be found in the Results tab. You can even convert these manual tests into automated tests by following the instructions mentioned here.