Creating Test Cases Using SofySense
SofySense is a powerful AI-driven assistant, powered by OpenAI, designed to help you better analyze your results, create test cases, and more. Think of SofySense as your personal assistant.
SofySense also integrates with Atlassian. SofySense can review the content from your Confluence pages to better understand your app’s feature functionality and generate steps for test cases.
SofySense can also provide general recommendations on how to test your app’s security and performance.
Creating a Manual Test Case with SofySense
To create a test case from SofySense:
- Log in to your Sofy account.
- Select SofySense from the left navigation bar.
- Click the Create test cases tab.
- Choose if you want SofySense to recommend manual test case steps based on specific app features, or general testing recommendations for app security or performance:
- Feature-specific test case recommendations: Provide a Confluence document URL for SofySense to analyze your app’s features and provide test case recommendations based on these features.Note: You must integrate your Atlassian account with Sofy to give SofySense access to your Confluence pages.
- Select Creating a manual test case.
- Provide a valid Confluence document URL in the field box at the bottom of the page, then press Enter. SofySense will review the Confluence page and populate a list of proposed test case steps.
- General testing recommendations: You can ask SofySense for general recommendations on testing an app’s security or performance.
- Select either Security test cases or Performance test cases. SofySense will populate a list of recommendations on how to test your app.
- Feature-specific test case recommendations: Provide a Confluence document URL for SofySense to analyze your app’s features and provide test case recommendations based on these features.
- Review the SofySense recommendations. Scroll to the bottom of the recommendation and click Create Manual Test.
- Configure the following fields in the Create New Manual Test Case:
- Test Case Name: Name your test case.
- Assigned To: Choose who you want to assign the test case to.
- Description: Provide a brief description of the test case.
- Reproduction Steps: Includes the SofySense recommended steps. Click into the text box and make any changes as needed.
- Click Save Manual Test Case.
- Choose to Close Window or View Test Case.
You can also access your manual test at any time via the Manual Tests option from the left navigation bar. Visit Converting a Manual Test into an Automated Test to learn how to convert a manual test into an automated test. Visit Creating and Running Manual Tests to learn how to run these manual tests on your app.