Scheduling Automated Tests
There are two ways in which you can execute an automated test:
- Interactive mode (see Executing Automated Tests): This method is useful for when you want to observe a test while it's executing on a real device in the Sofy Device Lab. When you create a new test, it is always best to watch the test in execution before scheduling your test and running at scale on multiple devices.
- Scheduled runs (Batch-Mode): This is a mechanism in which you can schedule and execute multiple tests cases or test suites across multiple devices without waiting for device availability. You can set them up to run immediately, or on a daily/weekly schedule. You will be notified when your test runs have completed.
Using Scheduled Runs, you can pre-schedule your tests to run ahead in time & be assured that they do not get stalled due to device unavailability. You can not only plan & schedule your automated tests to run automatically at particular times, you can also select from a host of devices with various configurations to run your tests in order to get optimal results & avoid unintended failures. Follow these steps to make the best of this feature:
- Click on Automation option from the left panel on the Home Screen
- Select Add New Run
- The Create New Automated Test Run dialog box will open. In the dialog box which pops up, provide a name for your test run & select the app version.
- Now select the Test Cases & Suites which you wish to add to the test run, define a time to schedule these runs ("Now" or "Later") & click on Next button.
- You can then choose to run your tests on any available device or specify the device attributes which matter the most to you, so that Sofy can then make the best selection & run your tests on the device most similar to your choosing.
- You can also choose to run your tests on specific available devices:
- Once you click on the Next button, you can mention the times/intervals during which the tests must run & also specify if we need to clean up the device cache. Voila! You can now click on the Schedule Test button to schedule your future test runs!