Creating a No-Code Automated Test
To create a no-code automated test case through Sofy, complete the following steps:
- From Device Lab, select Acquire a device.
- Navigate to Recording and click on the red button to set a device to start recording a scenario.
- Select Start Fresh to install the app from clean state, or select Continue from Here to record from the current state of the app. Additionally, if you want Sofy to auto-handle system dialogs, click on the check box in the setting section.
- Record steps by manually playing the scenario on the device. Notice the steps recorded on the right-hand side.
- Once done, click on Stop Recording to stop recording a scenario.
- Click Save as Template or Save as Test with your test name, priority, description, and tags.
- Once the recording is complete you can see a timeline view of the test created and the screens you interacted with. At this point, you can also edit and fix the test incase of any mis-recorded steps. You can run the test case by clicking on Validate Run or you can edit the existing test cases & then click on Save Changes. Once you are done and are good-to-go, click on "I'm Done".
- If you selected Save as Test, you can see the Recorded Scenario on the right pane under the Automated Tests section.